Warning: This website is a Financial Magnet and it attracts two groups of people:
- Those who don’t have much money and want to make lots of it.
- Those who have a lot of money and are afraid of losing it.
Good news: As the author of this website, I am also naturally attracted to it!
If you happen to be in the same boat, you’ve got me as a company. Somehow, we have a common ground.
Come and join me as we explore, rediscover and understand this elusive thing called money.
Do we have a deal?
The PeraTree.com website is about Financial Education and Personal Finance for every Juan — the Filipino, that is. If that sounds like Greek to you, let’s break it down into its smaller components and let me explain a little bit of each one.
On Financial Education
It’s very sad, that so many of us Pinoys are so very ignorant when it comes to money matters.
Consider the following:
- The only thing we know about money is that we have to spend it.
- We think that Time Deposit is the best way of “parking” our money for future use.
- We know next to nothing about investments in securities like stocks, bonds and money market instruments.
- We assume that the Americans are the richest people on earth, next to them are the Chinese, and that being a Filipino is to be financially hopeless.
- We rely too much on the government to solve our financial troubles.
If you have that kind of attitude, I don’t blame you at all. That was the attitude and behavior of our parents and their parents’ parents. As a nation, we have been there for far too long already.
Don’t you think something needs to be changed?
This place is a good start — virtually, that is.
On Personal Finance
Again, this is a website on Personal Finance, as opposed to Business Finance. It has to do with your very own money; not the money of the company you are working for.
We’ll talk about money and issues such as the following:
- Retirement and money for the rest of your life.
- College Funding if you have kids and you are planning to send them to school.
- Insurance and its many flavors — you’re going to love and hate your agent because of this.
- Credits and Loans — they are an inevitable part of our lives
- Investing and Investment Vehicles — the really legitimate ones that are regulated by the Philippine Government
Actually, that’s just a start. We’ll have some more as this website gets updated from time to time.
Personal Finance is a broad topic, but here we’ll cover the most important aspects of the subject. I’ll share with you some practical ideas that really make sense and which you can use right away.
The Learning Starts Here
Consider yourself lucky to have landed on this website.
If you have come here from Google, it’s probably because you had a question about money — or something that has to do with money — and one of our articles appeared right there in the Google Search Results Page to suggest an answer.
If one of your friends suggested this to you, you should thank him or her for doing a kind job. Please pay it forward by doing the same to another friend or by LIKE-ing the Pera Tree Facebook Page. That way, you become an instrument in helping us to spread Financial Literacy to the Philippines.
Stay in touch.
Grow your money.
And most importantly, keep your sanity.