What’s in a name?
“Pera” is a Filipino term which translates to “money” in the English Language.
Quite simply, Pera Tree = Money Tree.
I picked this metaphor because I want to believe that money can be grown and nurtured just like a tree – and that anyone can possibly do it.
Money management is not at all rocket science. Unfortunately, a lot of us are simply too foolish when it comes to handling our own money; let alone other people’s money.
Financial Literacy For Every Juan
This is a website about Personal Finance and Financial Education.
The target audience is every Filipino: rich, poor and everyone else in between.
It would be most useful to someone who is smart enough to realize that money is a very important tool in his or her life.
If you have ever earned your own money — from work, business or investment — I’d like to welcome you on board. Join me, together with other like-minded people, in this worldly journey as we explore this thing called money.
“When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.” –Oscar Wilde
Money In Simple Terms
As already mentioned above, Financial Literacy is the primary focus of this website.
I bet you never learned that at school. And for many of us, not even at home.
The subject is very board, but the approach here is simple and practical, instead of academic and theoretical.
More specifically, here are some of the interesting topics you can expect to find:
- Investing in Mutual Funds
- Saving and Investing
- Loans and Credit
- Insurance Planning (Life, Health, etc)
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Buying Tips (Real Estate, Cars, and even groceries)
All of those will be covered here, and maybe even more.
“Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the ‘gotta have it’ scale.” –Zig Ziglar
About the Author
My name is Carlos Velasco. And I am…
- a Mutual Fund Advisor — And yup, I have a license from the Securities and Exchange Commission to solicit investments to maybe make the Philippines a better place for you and me and our children. Well, for some reasons, the Philippine Government wants its people to invest in securities… not just spend all their money on smart phones and other shiny objects. That being said, I deal exclusively with FAMI Mutual Funds, most especially its Save and Learn Series of Mutual Funds.
- a Mutual Fund Investor — Okay, just so you know, I also walk the talk and I practice what I preach. That’s my contribution to eliminating the hypocrisies out of this world.
Me and FAMI
Just so you know you are dealing with someone who truly represents FAMI, I am showing you below a portion of the SEC Certificate that was issued to me by no less than the Securities And Exchange Commission.
Simply click (or tap on smartphones or tablets) on that image and you’ll get a bigger view of the certificate.
In addition to that, I’m also a frustrated amateur photographer. And the photo you see right on top, that’s me. When it comes to sharing my photos online, I stick by my Philosophy: “Only Photoshop touches my skin.” 🙂
Seriously… I am the owner of PeraTree.com and many other websites on different niche topics.
This website is dear to my heart. I made it, first and foremost, for myself. My love affair with money is a long and winding one and I am going to share it with you here in this website.
I’m not ashamed say this: “I love money.”
And if you love money too, you’ve got me as a company. This is the right place for you.
Welcome to PeraTree.com.
Remember this always: You can talk to me. I love to hear from you.
“I’d like to live as a poor man with lots of money.” –Pablo Picasso.
Where to go from here?
- Check out my SEC License and FAMI Affiliation.
- Watch a video showing the brief history of FAMI and get some basic lessons about Mutual Funds.
- Ready to start investing? Click here to inquire.
- If you represent a company and you want to implement an Investment Program to your company, please check out our Monthly Investment Program.
Before you start your mutual fund investment journey here in the Philippines, please be sure to visit the recommended links above.